A few weeks ago it was Alfie’s 39th Birthday, due to coronavirus we didn’t have our usual Halloweeen party but instead we went one better… Lego and Adventure Time Day – Yay!
Alfies Birthday menu
- Breakfast – Bacon pancakes , smoked bacon, apricot jam & walnut butter.
- Lunch – Grilled cheese Sandwiches & Tomato Soup.
- Snack – Ultimate Cheesy Nachos.
- Dinner – Everything Burrito! 🥰
An all day menu of Adventure time inspired dishes from the official adventure cookbook, and a huge pirate ship made entirely of Lego topped off with a lumpy space princess cake made by my friend Piya. (Link below picture to her facebook page)
I have included two recipes for you in this blog but if you would like any more, please leave me a comment or alternatively go get a book off amazon like i did lol x
- Piya Maria Cakes – https://www.facebook.com/piyamariacakes/
- Adventure Time Cookbook – https://amzn.to/35FPZRu
Bacon Pancakes By Jake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 pound smoked bacon cooked crisp and diced
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for 24hrs then drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons walnut oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3oz cold water
- 1 cup apricot jam
For the pancakes
- Combined dry ingredients flour sugar baking powder baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients eggs butter milk melted butter, then slowly add the dry ingredients until mix thoroughly.
- Heat nonstick pan over medium Heat and cope with nonstick spray. Using a serving spoon carefully place a large spoonful of batter on pan, allowing the batter to fall straight off the tip of the spoon and naturally form and even circle.
- Cook until bottom side is nicely browned, then sprinkle the crispy bacon generously onto the pancake and flip intermediately to cook the other side and seal the bacon into the pancake. Continue with the remainder of the batter.
- Dress the pancakes with as much walnut butter and maple jam as you like and serve immediately.
For the walnut butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and place walnuts on baking sheet in a single layer. Toaster in oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once the walnuts had cooled, placed them in a food processor and process until they have reached the consistency of a paste.
- Slowly add the rest of the ingredients into mix thoroughly. You may need to scrape the sides of the food processor throughout the process in order to make sure the water butter is combined well.
For the maple jam
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend at high speed until thoroughly combined. Place in a container, cover, and chill for at least two hours before using. This will allow the jam to firm up a bit.
Grilled cheese and Tomato soup by Fiona & Cake
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 slice Gruyere cheese
- . 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced bacon
- 1 cup small diced onion
- 1/2 cup small diced carrot
- 1/2 cup small diced celery
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 dried thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the grilled cheese
- Placed the cheese slices in between the sourdough bread, sprinkling some of the Parmesan in between all of the layers of cheese.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and place sandwich in the pan. Sear it on one side for 2-3 minutes until bread in golden brown. Flip and repeat until cheese is completely melted and both sides a sandwich are toasted.
For the tomato soup
- In a large pot, melt the butter over the medium to high heat and add the bacon, cooking it until it is soft and fat is rendered, For 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook on medium heat. When the carrots are just getting soft, add flour, Stirring and cooking for about five minutes, being careful not to burn it.
- Pour in the chicken broth, tomatoes and thyme. Simmer for about 90 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- Working in batches, begin to transfer the soup to a blender, adding the cream as well and puréeing on high for about 30 seconds to ensure a smooth soup.
- Bring to a boil again before serving.